Wednesday 14 March 2012

Bloodstream - Tess Gerritsen

Date Read: April 2009

In this medical suspense novel, a doctor moves to Tranquility, Maine, to shelter her adolescent son from the city and the lingering memory of his father's death. When a boy under her care commits an appalling act of violence, she investigates the controversial drug she prescribed.

My Thoughts: This started off really well - a typical quaint setting for a crime-horror and some fairly normal characters. The viral thriller built up and up with some suspenseful scenes of violence and the main character struggling to work out the cause...

And then - cue the Stephen King style sci-fi ending! Absolutely bizarre and so completely out of place that I put the book down at the end and felt very disappointed. I won't be reading anything else by Tess Gerritsen, it's just not my cup of tea.

I RATED IT 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment