Wednesday 14 March 2012

Last Light - Andy McNab

Date Read: August 2008

Top-secret operative Nick Stone has just aborted a sanctioned assassination attempt at the Houses of Parliament -- and now he's in a world of trouble. His bosses have handed him an ultimatum: fly to Panama and finish the contract -- or Kelly, the young orphan in his guardianship, will die.

My Thoughts: Number 4 in the Nick Stone series was nowhere near as good as the first. Admittedly, I seem to have skipped numbers 2 and 3, but I think it will take quite a lot of willpower to pick them up to be honest.

Although it was alright and kept the pages turning well enough, I found the plotline to be a bit tedious in places and some of the characters felt a bit flat. Nick Stone, however, was just as brilliant as ever and he was the only reason I kept at the book until the ending. Quite disappointing - maybe I will leave this series for a good while.
I RATED THIS 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment