Monday 2 April 2012

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

Date Read: February 2010

Death, a sardonic and articulate character who is afraid of humans, narrates this WWII coming-of-age story about faith, love, hope amidst tragedy.

My Thoughts: The only book that has ever made me cry. The Book Thief is the most beautifully crafted read, as told by Death himself (who has much more to him than you would imagine). Zusak has such a stark and colourful way with words that quite often I found myself nodding with approval at the pages. His characters come to full life and the settings are vivid and very real.

This is a book to immerse yourself in completely; it will run you right through every emotion and back again, dealing with friendship, love, loss and death in the most delicate and touching way possible.

Heart breaking and heart warming all at once.

I RATED THIS 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment