Friday 29 June 2012

Killer in the Rain - Raymond Chandler

Date Read: December 2011

From the master of American detective novels comes this riveting short story collection. In his early works, Chandler laid the groundwork for his signature character, the legendary Philip Marlowe. The hero of such novels as the Big Sleep, and Farewell, My Lovely takes center stage in the gripping stories in this series.

My Thoughts: I guess this one didn't quite hit the spot for me because it's not quite as suspenseful and thrilling as the crime reads that I am used to. I also have never really picked up a short story before but I expected it to be snappy and twisted. It wasn't.

The book passed some time on the Ormskirk train however, and was interesting enough to keep me going. The language is brilliant, the content, not so much.

I RATED IT 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment