Friday 29 June 2012

Ring of Fire - Rick Broadbent

"It is the unusual that makes
sport such and addictive drug"
Date Finished: 20th June 2012

Ring of Fire is an insider’s account of the acclaim, heroism and pressures of being a MotoGP racer. It is a high-octane revelation of the feuds, danger, politics and adrenaline inside MotoGP World Motorcycling Championship.

My Thoughts: I adored this book. It is really well written - Broadbent is a master of weaving the spectrum of events together with all of the drama and focus that the sport deserves. He captures every moment as if there were a camera set up right there. He gives me access to the side of the riders that I don't see on track and it makes me love them more.

Ring of Fire entertained me to no end and I'm so pleased that he has a new book out about the TT. It appeared instantly on my 'to-read' list and I'm really looking forward to it.

A magic little book that I would recommend to any casual or avid motorsport fan.


I RATED IT 10/10

1 comment:

  1. My brother-in-law would love this! Forwarding...
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete