Friday 29 June 2012

The Virgin Cure - Ami McKay

Date Finished: 23rd April 2012

The summer Moth turns twelve, her mother puts a halt to her explorations by selling her boots to a local vendor, convinced that Moth was planning to run away. Wanting to make the most of her every asset, she also sells Moth to a wealthy woman as a servant, with no intention of ever seeing her again.

My Thoughts: Read as uncorrected proof. This was a fairly quick easy to read historic novel with a dark and dangerous plotline and some pretty good characters. I enjoyed reading it, it satisfied the (well-hidden) typical girl in me and I loved the little descriptions of stunning dresses, jewellery and luxurious houses. I found it very visually appealing.

The book builds up to a really quite shocking scene towards the end, and because I felt for the characters, it disturbed me a bit. A sign that this book had me hooked!


I RATED IT 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment