Monday 8 April 2013

The Bunker Diary - Kevin Brooks

Rated 10/10

Room meets Lord of the Flies, The Bunker Diary is award-winning, young adult writer Kevin Brooks's pulse-pounding exploration of what happens when your worst nightmare comes true - and how will you survive?

My Thoughts: This book hit me right in the face. It's a dark and disturbed piece of Big Brother fiction that I actually couldn't prise from my own hands. The writing style is addictive - short, sharp and hard hitting. 

The setting is bleak and well described; the characters are bold and vivid and flawed at once. I couldn't stop reading and I know that others that haven't been able to put it down either. It's tragic and captivating and the ending is ... well... 

Very simple. Very effective.

Don't read this if you're after something light and cheery, you have been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment