Tuesday 2 June 2015

Blood, Sweat and Tea - Tom Reynolds

I rated this 5/10

Tom is an Emergency Medical Technician who works for the London Ambulance Service in East London. He has kept a blog of his daily working life since 2003 and his award-winning writing is, by turn, moving, cynical, funny, heart-rending and compassionate. It is never less than compelling. From the tragic to the hilarious, from the heartwarming to the terrifying, the stories Tom tells give a fascinating - and at times alarming - picture of life in inner-city Britain, and the people who are paid to mop up after it. 

This is the second book that I have read in full on my iPhone, the first one being The War of the Worlds. I find it more difficult to concentrate when reading in this way, perhaps due to the small brightly lit screen. I think that I may just give in and purchase a Kindle.

'Blood Sweat & Tea' is a highly enjoyable and brutally honest quick read about one man's experiences on the front line of emergency healthcare. Though at times I'm not sure whether I actually like the guy or not, Tom Reynolds certainly taught me a thing or two, and I've already put ICE on my phone and checked that my house number is clear enough!!! 

If you're looking for something simple that isn't going to take too much brain power then this book will be a fabulous read and hugely entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment